A-1 Driving School Downtown North Bay Street View
A-1 Driving School has been providing quality driver education since 1978, and we have grown to employ seven driving instructors. We provide advanced, corporate, and paramedic driver training throughout Ontario and deliver our beginner driver course in North Bay and area.
We accept cheques, cash,
Here are some of the reasons why A-1 Driving School has been around for over 40 years:
- A-1 Driving School Ltd. is a Ministry-Approved Beginner Driver Education Course Provider.
- We are recognized by the insurance industry and successful graduates of our 40-hour Beginner Driver Education Program will be certified with the Ministry of Transportation.
- The 12 month waiting period between your G1 and G2 is reduced to 8 months.
- We have some of the best trained instructors in Canada including two Master Instructors. (We train/teach instructors how to train/teach drivers.)
- We have former examiners from the Ministry of Transportation on staff.
- Our team is that highly trained that we provide driver training to some of the most elite and specialized drivers – the Police Services and EMS personnel.
- Our in-class program has been continuously updated and fine-tuned over the past three decades. We offer some of the most up-to-date driver training programs available in Canada.
- One of our instructors received the Governor General Award for Exemplary Service as a Paramedic.
- We are a “Customer Driven” company – your questions and concerns will be efficiently addressed and resolved by our full-time Office Manager (Lise Lafontaine) between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- In-town pick-up for in-car lessons
- Clean, air-conditioned vehicles
- BDE Graduates with a Driver’s Licence History may be eligible for an insurance discount.
- The Driver’s Licence History provides proof of successful completion and graduation from a BDE course and is widely recognized by the insurance industry as proof of course completion.
- Not only do we know exactly what is required to pass the road test, we know how to impact your driving habits for years to come.
We take care to provide the services our customers tell us they want.
- Weekend and day courses
- Short waiting times to start driving
- Small, easily maneuverable cars
- Flexible scheduling
- Patient instructors
The art of teaching and facilitating driver learning is very specialized. This type of teaching requires a great deal of patience and understanding, to say nothing of the amount of technical expertise that an instructor must possess. Our teaching methods reflect the most recent and contemporary research of traffic safety, teaching, and social change. We incorporate these methods while accommodating the individual differences of our clients.